Saudi Airlines is the national and leading airline of Saudi Arabia. It operates domestic and international flights to over 90 destinations. Additionally, it employs over 930 pilots with competitive and appealing salaries.
In this article, we will take an in-depth look at Saudi Airlines pilot salary in 2023, including starting, minimum, median, and top pay. Let’s get started!
The starting salary for a new Saudi Airlines pilot is typically around 13,600 SAR per month. This applies to newly qualified copilots joining the airline, who usually have the minimum flight hours( 2,000).
The Saudi Airlines pilot salary is also based on the specific aircraft type, with wide-body aircraft paying higher. Moreover, as pilots accumulate flight hours and progress in their careers, their salaries also increase.
The minimum Saudi Airlines pilot salary is approximately 12,691 SAR per month. This base pay applies to pilots operating narrow-body aircraft such as the Airbus A320 on short-haul routes. Besides, they also receive flying payments per hour and various allowances.
The median pay rate for pilots in Saudi Arabia is around 26,600 SAR per month. This median salary indicates that 50% of pilots earn less than 26,600 SAR monthly, while the other 50% are paid more than this amount.
The highest-paid Saudi Airlines pilots can earn up to 48,300 SAR per month plus commissions. These are highly experienced captains operating long-haul intercontinental flights.
Saudi Airlines Pilot Salary By Experience Level
The most important factor in determining a pilot’s salary is the number of years of experience they have.
Research has shown that:
- 0 – 2 Years Experience: A Saudi Airlines pilot with less than two years of experience as an aircraft captain can expect to earn somewhere around 15,900 SAR.
- 2 – 5 Years Experience: With two to five years of experience, the average Saudi Airlines aircraft captain’s salary would increase to 22,500 SAR.
- 5 – 10 Years Experience: From five to ten years of experience as an aircraft captain, the average salary would be 29,600 SAR.
- 10 – 15 Years Experience: Once a pilot has more than ten years of experience, the average salary reaches around 36,400 SAR.
- 15 – 20 Years Experience: An aircraft captain with 15 to 20 years of experience can earn an average of 38,700 SAR.
- 20+ Years Experience: For an aircraft captain with more than 20 years of experience, the expected average salary may increase up to 42,400 SAR.
In summary, pilot salaries at Saudi Airlines are pretty attractive, ranging from 13,600 SAR per month for new hires to over 42,000 SAR for highly experienced captains. The median income is around 26,600 SAR. Besides, years of experience is the key factor determining pay levels.
As a matter of fact, The airline is able to recruit skilled pilots due to its competitive compensation. Only the most qualified professionals can meet the stringent requirements and rigorous training to operate Saudi Airlines’ growing fleet.